Monday, June 27, 2011

Center of the Universe?

As a homeschool mom, I decided to teach my children astronomy last semester. There was a lot of talk about "red shift" and our expanding universe. It seemed logical to me that the universe had to be expanding from some central point. A quick Google search proved me wrong.




I was floored to read that astronomers do not believe there is a center of the universe. A big bang would give you a point of origin, right? Wrong. Astronomers actually believe that prior to the Big Bang there was no time or space. This belief was confirmed by a friend with a doctors degree who teaches astronomy at the local university and is an otherwise very reasonable person. No time or space.




How on earth do you get an accidental, godless creation of the universe suitable for atheists out of NO time and NO space?








No comments:

Post a Comment